Your manufacturing manager resume plays a key role in landing the job you want. It shows the hiring manager how your knowledge, skills, and experience make you well-qualified for the position.
Because you likely have a lot of work experience, knowing what to include on your resume can be difficult. You want to share the information a hiring manager is looking for without overwhelming them.
Having advice and examples to follow when creating your resume can be beneficial. This shows what hiring managers want to see on your resume. It also helps secure the role you desire.
Follow these guidelines to create an effective manufacturing manager resume.
Create Your Header
- Include your first and last name in a larger font
- Mention your job title as a subheading
- Provide a link to your LinkedIn profile or online portfolio
- Share your city and state
- Include your email address, such as firstname.lastname@example.org
Develop Your Summary
- Your years of experience
- Your top 3 skills and proficiencies
- Your most valued accomplishment
[Adjective] with [number] years of experience in [industry], a proven ability to [relevant and measurable skills], and a strong background in [relevant context of your work experience], seeks a role as .
Create Your Skills Section
- Your skills get your resume past an applicant tracking system (ATS) and to the hiring manager
- List your hard skills that match the job description
- Let your achievements show your soft skills
- Microsoft Office
- Program manufacturing devices
- Digital fluency
Develop Your Experience Section
- Limit your job history to the past 10 years
- Include 4-6 bullet points per job title
- Tailor your experience to fit the job description
- Begin each statement with a power verb
- List your main responsibilities, achievements, and quantifiable results
- Use the CAR (challenge, action, results) method to describe your experience
- Manage a 3-shift operation of 18 CNC Swiss lathes
- Interview, hire, and train setup machinists and operators
- Coordinate logistics operations for supply chain, product design, production, shipping, and customer service
Create Your Education Section
Maintain Your Layout and Style
- Use a 12-point font
- Include 10-inch margins
- Limit your resume to 2 pages
- Proofread your resume multiple times
- Save your resume as a PDF
Looking for More Job Search Assistance?
Partner with a recruiter from Connectology for additional help landing a manufacturing manager job. Visit our job board today!