Quality Engineer – Castings
Looking for a great opportunity to join a growing metal casting operation on the just South of the Twin Cities? Our client has been in business 60+ years and has an excellent reputation for taking great care of their employees and constantly driving for excellence!
They live by their values and take pride in developing their people!
This position reports to the Quality Manager and will provide you with the responsibilities of:
• Managing the day to day quality system from incoming receiving to shipping
• Establishing control plans for new and existing parts based on process capability and historical run data
• Following up on Corrective Action requests from customers, internal issues and supplier issues – fixing the systemic issues
• Generating all the documents required for a PPAP and reviewing with customers
• Ensuring Gauge R&R studies and process capability studies are done correctly
• Working with Manufacturing Engineers in PFMEA development
• Implementing and auditing in-process checking of parts and assemblies
• Sharing quality data with production personnel and getting them engaged in improvement activities
• Participating in improvement teams and driving waste out of the processes
An excellent candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
• Minimum of five years experience as a Quality Engineer
• Experience working with automotive customers desired
• Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience
• Knowledge of calibration, inspection methods, blue print reading (GD&T), statistics, quality charting, and process capability
• Excellent communication and organizational skills – ability to keep a level head in tense situations
You will be in a high-profile position working with customers, suppliers and the internal staff. Your success in this position will make you a leading candidate for growth into a Management level position.
Interested? Apply below! Inquiries can be sent to email@example.com; referencing mr2960.