Buyer – Contract Manufacturing
Looking for a great opportunity to apply your purchasing experience with a growing Manufacturer on the South side of the twin Cities? Our client has been in business over 50 years and has a reputation for customization and customer service! We’re looking for a buyer to plan and purchase all materials for production and inventory targets.
This position reports to the Purchasing Manager, and will provide you with the responsibilities of:
- Timely planning and purchasing of materials to support production schedules and inventory strategies
- Seeking and establishing new supply sources for new and existing products
- Supplier evaluation and management ot ensure schedules, costs and quality objectives are achieved.
An excellent candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Three years’ experience in purchasing and planning in a manufacturing environment
- Plastics experience highly preferred
- Proven relational, supplier management and negotiation skills
- Strong ERP/MRP knowledge,
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- APICS CPIM, CRIM or CPM certification highly desired
This is a high profile, highly visible position that is critical to the performance of the business and you will be a key player in this company’s success. Your efforts will position you for future career growth!
Interested? Please apply on-line or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference Job ID# mr2897 when applying.