Senior Strategic Buyer
Check out this amazing opportunity to apply your strategic sourcing, procurement and supplier management skills to work for a growing company! With locations in the northern Twin Cities Metro and Western Wisconsin you can choose which location works best for you!
– A leading manufacturer serving multiple industries including aerospace, automotive, factory automation, packaging and material handling.
– Over 100 years in business
– 115+ employees
– Privately held
– Voted a top workplace!
This Company Values Their Employees:
– Medical, Dental, Vision,
– Disability, Life insurance
– Tuition Reimbursement
– 401k with 3% company match
– Paid Time Off and Holidays
– Annual Company Events, Wellness Program and more!
Your Role with The Company:
– Sourcing and purchasing materials to support production, ensuring the best balance of cost, quality and delivery
– Analyzing and adjusting inventory levels and delivery schedules, expediting when necessary
– Negotiating agreements to produce cost savings and reduce lead times
– Monitoring supplier performance, building mutually beneficial partnership and leading key supplier initiatives
– Supporting engineering and other cross functional departments as needed
– This is a highly visible position! Your success will be recognized and position you for future promotion!
– 5 years’ experience with Domestic and International Purchasing in a fast-paced, low volume/high mix manufacturing environment
– Bachelor Degree, Business or Engineering discipline preferred
– Excellent supplier management, development and negotiation skills
– Track record of Cost Reductions and Expertise in negotiating and writing long term supplier contracts
– Strong ERP/MRP and analytical abilities
– Project Management and Problem solving skills
– Strong understanding of Process Management and Lean Principles
– A strategic thinker who can see the big picture and adjust priorities accordingly
Interested? Apply below! Inquiries can be sent to email@example.com; referencing Job ID# mr3126