Purchasing Manager – Newly Created Position Due to Growth!
Looking for a great opportunity to apply your purchasing experience for a growing manufacturing company? Our Twin Cities client is an industry leader with who supplies to demanding customers and needs an experience Purchasing Leader with a passion for continuous improvement to join their team! We’re looking for a self-motivated person who is passionate about partnering with suppliers and optimizing the spend!
This position reports to the CFO and will provide you with the responsibilities of:
- Developing sourcing strategies that ensure the quality, availability, and cost effectiveness of materials and services
- Reviewing and negotiating various vendors/categories. These duties include pricing, packaging/shipping, identifying potential suppliers, contract terms, quality, and all other aspects of the procurement program
- Understanding market trends in their respective commodities, researching new products, technologies, and suppliers, and making sourcing recommendations
- Communicating changes in the supply chain, such as price increases, material availability concerns, changes in lead times
- Executing purchase orders for raw materials
- Analyzing the purchasing systems and suppliers to identify improvements
- Continually monitoring supplier performance and capabilities and ensure the supply base will match long range strategies for capacity, quality and delivery
- Preparing monthly variance, incidence, market analysis, and other reports as necessary
An excellent candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience purchasing in a job shop manufacturing environment with a wide variety of commodities
- Proven ability to achieve the best balance of cost, quality and delivery
- Leadership experience with direct reports
- Knowledge and experience of Aerospace contracts and requirements preferred
- Strong analytical and technical skill
- Excellent vendor selection, negotiation and supplier management skills
- Experience using MRP/ERP systems
- Strong negotiation and supplier management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Excel user
This position will provide you the opportunity to be an integral part of the continued success of the business. Your success in this role will position you for advancement within this growing organization.
Interested? Please apply on line or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When applying, please reference Job ID# mr2917.